The Parent Road Map is available free to families.
This 32 page manual was created by parents to help guide
new parents on their journey with a child who has combined
vision and hearing losses. The manual is full of photos and
parent quotes, it contains the following sections:
- We’re on this Road Together – the many faces of
- Coming to Terms – what is deafblindness?
- Taking Care – medical terms take center stage
- Getting Help – understanding the system
- Teaching Basics – where to begin, you are your child’s
- Reaching Out – you aren’t alone - what are the resources
- Caring for Family – taking care of yourself – words
from the wise